Table of Contents
- Original Content
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Starting Acquisitions
- Content Quality & Keyword usage
- Content Marketing – A Profit Centre
- User experience
- Final Words
Content Marketing is a concept where content is created and shared on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or blogs. The purpose of creating the content is not solely to promote a brand but also aims to inform the viewers and visitors about the products and services of the brand.
SEO is short for search engine optimization which aims to increase the number of visitors to a website. That can be achieved by improving rankings on search engines like Google and Bing to name some. Rankings can be improved by including relevant keywords
Enterprises need to develop content marketing strategies using creative content. Native advertising is still considered to be the gateway for many programs including content marketing, while mobile phones also improve consumer traffic.
Both of the above components are great aspects that can help to market your brand. The best part of these two concepts is that many strategies and tactics can be used to achieve them. Each year a new trend sets the market on fire. So here are some of the strategies that might be in-trend for the year 2023.
In content marketing, it is obvious that content is the most important concept. The content must, therefore, be unique and interesting so that the audience needs to come back for more.
Providing original content also ensures that the quality of the content is high and must at all times be consistently maintained.
This is going to be the next biggest trend because as per Google Search here is some examples:
- Apple, one of the most valuable companies for stock market capitalization, has already planned an investment of $1 billion in acquiring original content. This move might be in light of the thoughts of being relevant and consistent so that audiences and followers keep coming back to the brand.
- Google has also been purchasing original content from both media companies as well as brands. This has been done to fill in content gaps that their search algorithm found.
- Facebook also plans on investing monetary sources from their marketing budget in the original video.
- In this race how can Amazon stay behind; it too has invested big in the purchase of original content.
Still not convinced that it is set to become the biggest trend in 2023? Then consider the following:
This is soon going to go huge so rush in so that before your competitors understand the importance of this you will already have a bigger audience and following of loyal customers.
Anyone building a new and trusting content brand will be presented with numerous opportunities for monetary gains for their content so why not get ahead of everyone and get the content for yourself?
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is basically the process to make pages load faster on your mobile phones. It is supposed to improve the experience of a mobile phone user.
A framework is developed to facilitate faster page loading on your mobile phones. The HTML files play a major role to make sure that mobile pages load faster. You can call it a diet HTML as it is lightweight making the page load faster on mobile devices.
According to the latest Google research, 53% of people will leave a site that fails to load in three seconds or less. The same goes for a mobile site as well.
AMP has a big hand in improving SEO thus is called an SEO strategy. If you successfully can make the mobile page load faster then there are chances that your page will get listed as “fast” on search engine pages which will cause an improvement in your rankings.
In content marketing, it is obvious that one will have to create the content while others buy it. So content acquisition has gained huge popularity over the years, thus it stands to become a huge trend in the coming year. Acquiring informative and relevant content from external sources is what content acquisition is all about.
So before the traffic hits the road jamming the avenues of content acquisition, you need to act fast. The traffic has already started to build up.
Arrow Electronics has gone ahead to see the potential of content acquisition and purchased 51 media properties from UBM and Hearst leading to the creation of the largest media company in the B2B electronics industry.
Netflix has also invested in its first major media acquisition. They have purchased Millarworld, a comic book publishing house. It is a pointer that Netflix is also thinking about creating its own intellectual property.
Content Quality & Keyword usage
Content has been the heart and soul of content marketing. So it is imperative that content is not only original but also of high quality. If your content is not of good quality then chances are that it will steer away existing viewers and fail to draw the attention of new viewers. Low content quality can give rise to many issues:
- Misunderstanding your brand’s story
- Higher Bounce rates
- Reduced trust
- Lower attention from social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
Another aspect of the quality of content is the usage of keywords. Relevant keywords need to be placed strategically in the content so that they appear higher in the search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others. This is how it becomes a tool or strategy of SEO. Many tools are available to help you out.
For example, Google Ad word Keyword Planner is a tool that helps you to get keyword ideas, search volume trends for only particular selected keywords, and many more to help you set the select keywords and place them appropriately.
Content Marketing – A Profit Centre
Creating content can be a lucrative way of marketing your brand. It can also be done through marketing profit centers.
For example, Pepsi and Mondelez have announced that significant investments have been made into launching internal content studios. They believe that it is going to create huge revenue.
Some companies like Arrow and Johnson & Johnson might generate enough revenue which might go above expenses. This might lead to the marketing department becoming a self-sustaining entity.
If Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi’s new book, Killing Marketing, is referred to, then you will find that they believe that even if marketing profit center isn’t possible then also you need to understand the costs of creating content and its benefits.
Making your page should be a priority as well so that the visitor comes back and maybe refer to his/her friends about what a great page it is. Thus improving your page’s visibility and making it an SEO strategy.
As your page becomes user-friendly, the traffic inflow is sure to increase. This tactic is an obvious one but many have not caught on to it and thus there are pages out there that people refrain from visiting. While there are some pages that have already caught on this trend and made their page, fast and easy to navigate which makes it is user-friendly.
You also need to make sure that your page is mobile-friendly as well.
Google is a perfect example. It has been designed with one aim – exceptional user experience. Google provides its users with an amazing browsing experience with shorter page load times and is also optimized for mobile usage.
Content Marketing and SEO tactics and strategies have become a sensation in the world of internet marketing. The above are some of the tactics and strategies that are going to get popular among marketers and content providers.
While you have some chance, get ahead of everyone and start thinking of ways to use these tactics to market your brand.
To do content marketing, understand your audience. Know what they like and what problems they have. Accordingly, create content that solves their problems or entertains them. Blog posts, videos, infographics, and social media posts can all work.
Share your content on your website and social media platforms. Use keywords that people might search for on Google. This helps them find your content easily.
Engage with your audience by replying to their comments and messages. This helps build trust and relationships. Track your results to see what content works best and keep improving. Content marketing takes time, so be patient and stay consistent.
To find content trends, you can follow these simple steps:
- Online Research: Browse popular websites, social media platforms, and news sources. Check which topics are getting a lot of attention and engagement.
- Keyword Tools: Use online tools like Google Trends or keyword research tools to see what people are searching for the most. This can give you insights into what’s popular.
- Social Media: Check out trending hashtags and topics on Twitter, Threads, and Instagram. These can highlight current trends and discussions.
- Content Analytics: If you already have content, analyze your website’s analytics to see which topics and articles get the most views.
- Industry News: Keep yourself updated with the latest news and developments in your industry to spot emerging trends.
You can stay updated with trends and create content by watching these resources.
The latest trends in content marketing include:
- Video Dominance: Videos are ruling the content world. Short videos, live streams, and interactive videos are grabbing the attention.
- User-Generated Content: People trust content from fellow users. Nowadays, brands encourage users to create content and share their experiences.
- Voice Search Optimization: With voice assistants like Siri and Alexa, optimizing content for voice search is crucial.
- Personalization: Content tailored to each individual’s interests and needs increases engagement and conversion rates.
- Sustainability: Eco-friendly and socially responsible content is gaining popularity as consumers become more environmentally conscious.
- Interactive Content: Quizzes, polls, and interactive infographics engage audiences effectively.
- AI and Automation: AI tools are helping in content creation, distribution, and analyzing data for better results.
The latest trends in content marketing are all about engaging and connecting with your audience.