Introduction: Importance of SEO Extensions in Web Browsers
Despite the intense competition, Mozilla Firefox is still a popular web browser. Statistics show that Firefox holds a 7.66% browser market share worldwide. As an SEO professional, you must know about all the different SEO browser extensions that can be added to Firefox.
Brief Overview of SEO Extensions for Firefox
There are many browser extensions available for Firefox. In fact, the number of SEO extension options is also high. The following SEO extensions for Firefox can turn your browser into an SEO powerhouse.
SEOquake: A Powerful SEO Toolkit
SEOquake is a free plugin for Firefox and other web browsers. It offers key SEO metrics for specific pages. Some of its major features include:
- Reviewing all crucial metrics for Google PageRank in a flash
- Allowing complete SEO audit of a webpage and mobile compatibility check
- Full report for internal/external links
- URL/domain comparisons
- Use of a variety of default parameters
- Easy checking of social statistics for Google+ and Facebook
This SEO extension tool is compatible with several browsers, including Firefox. It has intuitive controls and seamlessly combines cloud storage and systems into a single workspace. However, it requires constant updates, which can sometimes be annoying.
MozBar: Access SEO Metrics On-The-Go
This web browser extension is available for both Google Chrome and Firefox. You can use this extension to get valuable metrics about a particular website and its link profile. This extension also allows you to:
- Create custom searches by country, region, or city
- Access and compare link metrics across pages while checking out any SERP
- Differentiate links by type and conduct keyword research on a page
- Access a keyword density report
- See social metrics gathered from Open Site Explorer directly in the toolbar
The free version of this extension comes with limited functionality. However, you need to pay $99 monthly for the pro account to enjoy full access.
User-Agent Switcher: Browse Web From Different Perspectives
This simple yet effective extension allows you to switch between user agents in the browser. You can easily override the user-agent string on a browser with this extension.
Some of the major advantages of this extension are:
- Easy to install and use
- Offers intuitive control
- Allows easy integration of objects that may seem unacceptable
NoFollow: Identify NoFollow Links Instantly
This extension lets you outline nofollow links and detect nofollow and no-index meta tags on web pages. Some of the major features of this extension include:
- Supports robot meta tags specific to certain search engines
- Ability to customize your own CSS styles for outlining
- Infobox to show meta tags for various bots (Googlebot, Slurp, Bingbot, etc.)
You need to have at least Firefox v60 to run this extension.
Wappalyzer: Discover Technologies Used On Websites
This extension lets you identify the technologies used on a particular website. The major highlights of this extension are:
- Website profiling
- Technologies used in website
- Website details and contacts
The free version has limited functionalities. You need to switch to the pro version to enjoy all the features.
Lightbeam for Firefox: Visualize Third-Party Tracking
This SEO extension shows you the relationships between third-party entities and the sites you visit with the help of interactive visualizations. It offers:
- Visual graphs to learn the connections made by the site
- Recording of all tracking cookies saved on the device after a user visits a website
Link Redirect Trace: Identify Redirect Issues and HTTP Headers
This SEO extension allows you to analyze links, redirects, and canonical URLs comprehensively. It also offers:
- On-page SEO analysis of the website
- Data of the most important SEO metrics
- A clear understanding of the full redirect chain
BuiltWith: Learn the Technology Behind Any Website
This is a website profiler tool. It offers the following features:
- Gives you a list of technologies used on the web page
- Allows developers, researchers, and designers to understand the usage of specific technologies
SimilarWeb – Website Traffic Sources and Ranking
This SEO extension lets you gain insights into a website’s statistics and strategy while browsing. It offers:
- Data regarding the total amount of traffic on the website
- Traffic sources of the competitors
- A certain level of backlink analysis
Conclusion: Leveraging SEO Extensions for Firefox To Achieve Improved SEO Performance
Every SEO extension mentioned above can contribute significantly to your SEO strategy. So, give these browser extensions a try and see what difference they make.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which Firefox Extension Is Best for SEO?
If you are looking for Firefox browser extensions that can boost your SEO efforts, you should consider the following:
- Mangools SEO extension
- Keywords Everywhere
- User-Agent Switcher
- SEO minion
What Is the Best Firefox Extension for Whois?
You can find several Firefox browser extensions that can help you with Whois checks. However, in terms of the number of users, “Flagfox” by Dave G is at the top. This extension displays a flag icon to describe the physical location of the web server. The toolbar option offers additional data, such as DNS information.
What Firefox Plugin Checks Website Technology?